Telemedicine Market Projected to Reach US$152 Billion by 2025: Rapid Technological Advancements Drive Growth
The global telemedicine market is poised for remarkable growth, with a projected CAGR of around 19% between 2021 and 2025. By the end of the forecast year, the market is expected to reach a valuation of US$152 billion. The insights presented in this report are set to provide valuable information for understanding the market’s growth trajectory over the forecast period.
Key Findings of the Report:
- The global telemedicine market is forecasted to exceed US$152 billion by 2025.
- Teleconsultation is expected to be the largest market segment.
- The telemedicine industry is projected to expand exponentially, with a CAGR of 19%.
- Teladoc Health stands as the largest telemedicine company globally.
- Chronic care management is anticipated to dominate the global market.
Market Analysis in Brief
The telemedicine market has experienced significant demand growth, particularly in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic accelerated the adoption of telemedicine services as individuals became less inclined to engage in physical encounters with healthcare practitioners. Advanced innovations and technologies have played a pivotal role in enabling effective diagnosis and treatment, further driving the market’s growth. Additionally, favorable governmental policies currently being implemented are expected to have a positive impact on the global telemedicine market in the coming years.
Drivers of Market Growth
- Rapid Technological Advancements: Remote patient monitoring (RPM) is anticipated to be a significant application in the telemedicine market, with innovations such as automatic insulin pumps, digital blood pressure cuffs, and digital heart rate monitors driving progress. Patients’ willingness to embrace innovative technology is a key factor in RPM’s advancement, with patients showing interest in RPM devices that reduce the need for frequent doctor visits.
- Integration of Artificial Intelligence: The integration of artificial intelligence into telemedicine is expected to lead to the development of user-friendly apps, improved access to care, and enhanced follow-up treatment plans.
- Security Concerns and Regulatory/Reimbursement Obstacles: Telemedicine involves the exchange of sensitive medical information over the internet, making data susceptible to unlawful interception. Regulatory and reimbursement policies for telemedicine vary from country to country, potentially creating bottlenecks for service providers.
Overview of Key Segments
Teleradiology to Remain Dominant Application
Teleradiology was the leading specialty segment in 2019 and is expected to maintain its dominant position until the end of the forecast period. Factors contributing to this dominance include a high adoption rate of Picture Archiving and Communication Systems (PACS) and increased research and development activities in this field.
Growth Opportunities Across Regions
The US Leads with Favorable Reimbursement Policies
North America led the global telemedicine market in 2019, driven by consumer preferences, the presence of key players, and favorable reimbursement policies. The United States, in particular, has witnessed significant telemedicine growth, with approximately 200 networked telemedicine programs providing access to more than 3,000 rural sites. Moreover, many U.S. states provide Medicaid coverage for live video services, contributing to the region’s leadership in the market.
Asia Pacific’s Notable Growth Potential
Asia Pacific is expected to register substantial growth in the telemedicine market, with China, Australia, and Japan playing pivotal roles. Technological advancements in digital imaging, government initiatives, and a large population base are key factors contributing to the region’s growth. The launch of the National Digital Health Mission by the Government of India further underscores the region’s potential. However, challenges related to infrastructure and varying healthcare spending priorities in underdeveloped economies may hinder the growth of telemedicine.
Key Market Players – Telemedicine Landscape
Several key companies are driving the global telemedicine market, including 2nd.MD, Allscripts Healthcare Solutions Inc., AMD Global Telemedicine, Teladoc Health, and many more. These industry leaders are actively investing in expanding their capabilities and services through new product launches, partnerships, collaborations, acquisitions, and alliances.
Leading Players on Buying Spree to Consolidate Stronghold Positions
Major investments have been made by prominent tech giants to tap into high-potential untapped areas, both organically and through acquisitions. Notable collaborations include Teladoc’s acquisition of InTouch and American Well’s acquisition of Aligned Telehealth, which aim to strengthen their respective market positions, expand their customer base, and offer enhanced service portfolios.
Browse Global Telemedicine Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, Regional Outlook, and Forecast 2021-2025 – [2023 UPDATE Available – Forecast 2023-2030*] (By Component(Hardware,Software,Services), Specialty(Teleradiology,Telepathology,Teledermatology,Others), Modality(Store & forward,Real-time Interaction,Remote patient monitoring,Others), End User, By Geography, Leading Companies): https://www.fairfieldmarketresearch.com/report/telemedicine-market
Nanomedicine Market: https://www.fairfieldmarketresearch.com/report/nanomedicine-market
Regenerative Medicine Market: https://www.fairfieldmarketresearch.com/report/regenerative-medicine-market
Fairfield Market Research
UK +44 (0)20 30025888
USA (Toll-free) +1 (844) 3829746
This press release first seen on Brilad