Infertility Treatment Market Thrives as Demand Soars
The infertility treatment market is experiencing robust growth, driven by the increasing prevalence of infertility issues worldwide. Recent reports estimate that over 5 million individuals in the United States alone are affected by infertility. While various factors contribute to infertility in both men and women, reproductive organ issues, stress, and poor diet are commonly cited causes.
Rapidly Declining Fertility Rate in Women to Propel Infertility Treatment Market
In India, where 2-3 million infertile couples seek solutions annually, pharmaceutical companies and diagnostic centers are tapping into this significant market potential. While India is catching up with the trend of fertility clinics, countries like China and the United States are also witnessing a surge in demand. Manufacturers of infertility medications are set to benefit from this growing market as individuals turn to medication to address fertility challenges.
Approximately 52% of infertility cases are diagnosed in women, with the remaining 48% affecting men. The global infertility treatment industry generates around $15 billion annually, not including medication costs, which account for an additional $4-$5 billion. In the UK alone, one in seven couples seeks infertility treatment each year, resulting in an average of two children born per successful treatment cycle.
Assisted Reproductive Treatment Dominates the Market
Assisted reproductive technology (ART) is gaining traction globally, particularly in India. There is a notable correlation between the increased use of ARTs and rising infertility rates, especially among women. In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) and Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) are increasingly favored by infertile couples. The use of fresh embryos in IVF has risen from 50% in 2010 to 70% in 2020.
However, ART procedures can be costly, making them inaccessible to many middle-class couples in developing countries. Despite the expense, couples are turning to IVF centers in metro cities for treatment. The use of ICSI has also surged due to its success in reducing pregnancy loss rates. The growth in infertility prevalence is notable, particularly among women in their late 30s.
Delayed Childbirth Encourages Continued Growth
One of the primary drivers of the infertility treatment market is the increasing trend of delaying parenthood. As life expectancy rises, people are opting to have children later in life. This leads to a higher incidence of infertility cases, with women being disproportionately affected due to age-related declines in fertility after 35.
Infertility treatment procedures can be costly, with expenses reaching up to $15,000 per cycle, excluding medication costs. Various treatment options are available, each with its own advantages, disadvantages, side effects, and success rates.
Asia Pacific Presents Lucrative Growth Opportunities
The Asia Pacific region, marked by improving healthcare infrastructure and medical tourism, is expected to witness substantial growth in the infertility treatment market. Rising urbanization, increasing per capita income, changing lifestyles, and greater access to medical care are driving factors. China is projected to have the highest growth potential in the infertility treatment market among emerging countries, driven by factors like high disposable incomes and technological advancements in fertility centers.
Global Infertility Treatment Market: Key Players
Key players in the global infertility treatment market include Merck & Co., Inc., Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Ferring Pharmaceuticals A/S, Pfizer, Inc., Bayer AG, Sanofi S.A., Abbott Laboratories, and others.
Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2023-2030 – By Product, Technology, Grade, Application, End-user, Region: (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East and Africa):
Visit Our Blog:
Humanoid Robot Market:
Cell & Gene Therapy Bioanalytical Testing Services Market: https://issuu.com/shakshikaurav/docs/cell_gene_therapy_bioanalytical_testing_services
Fairfield Market Research is a UK-based market research provider. Fairfield offers a wide spectrum of services, ranging from customized reports to consulting solutions. With a strong European footprint, Fairfield operates globally and helps businesses navigate through business cycles, with quick responses and multi-pronged approaches. The company values an eye for insightful take on global matters, ably backed by a team of exceptionally experienced researchers. With a strong repository of syndicated market research reports that are continuously published & updated to ensure the ever-changing needs of customers are met with absolute promptness.
Fairfield Market Research
UK +44 (0)20 30025888
USA (Toll-free) +1 (844) 3829746
LinkedIn | Twitter
This press release first seen on Brilad