Flexible Printed OLED Displays Market Set to Reach US$100 Bn by 2030 | Fairfield Market Research
The global flexible printed OLED displays market is poised for remarkable growth, with an expected CAGR of around 20% during the assessment period spanning from 2023 to 2030. By the end of this period, the market is projected to achieve a substantial valuation of over US$100 billion.
Understanding Flexible Printed OLED Displays
Flexible printed OLED displays are cutting-edge foldable screens that facilitate easy portability and can be seamlessly integrated into various surfaces. These displays offer a thin and lightweight alternative to conventional display technologies such as liquid crystal matrix (LCD) and organic light-emitting diode displays (OLED). While LCD panels have been the dominant display technology since the 1990s, they are bulky in comparison. The surging demand for cell phones, as well as other electronic devices like tablets, computers, televisions, vehicles, and industrial equipment, is expected to drive the growth of the flexible printed OLED displays market worldwide. Another significant factor propelling market expansion is the increasing popularity of wearable medical devices such as smartwatches and fitness bands. Furthermore, the forecast period is expected to witness growing demand for flexible printed OLED displays in professional and industrial equipment, including Point of Sale (POS) terminals. However, factors such as the high manufacturing costs of flexible OLED panels, relatively lower performance, and limited tolerance for low temperatures are anticipated to restrain market growth.
Key Insights from Market Reports
- Rapid Revenue Growth: The market for flexible printed OLED displays is expected to witness significant expansion in revenue between 2023 and 2030.
- Consumer Electronics Demand: The global market for flexible printed OLED displays is set to expand due to the increased demand for cell phones and other electronic devices, including tablets, laptops, televisions, automobiles, and industrial equipment.
- Preference for AMOLED: The flexible printed OLED displays industry experiences higher demand for Active Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode (AMOLED) displays.
- Smartphones and Tablets Lead: In 2022, the smartphones and tablets category held the highest market revenue share in the flexible printed OLED displays market.
- Asia Pacific Dominance: Asia Pacific is expected to maintain its leadership position, with North America’s flexible printed OLED displays market experiencing the strongest growth until 2030.
- Rapid Innovation in Consumer Electronics: The proliferation of smart homes and buildings and the increasing demand for connected technology are driving the adoption of innovative and connected solutions across the consumer electronics sector. The integration of smart sensors into household appliances has accelerated the replacement cycle of consumer electronics.
- Opportunities in Fully Stretchable OLED Displays: The ongoing evolution of smartphones and computers has led to advancements in display technology, with flexible and foldable displays emerging as the latest trend. Smartphone giants like LG, Samsung, and Huawei are exploring flexible printed OLED displays for future portable gadgets. However, challenges such as manufacturing costs and economic uncertainties need to be addressed.
- Lucrative Opportunities in Fully Stretchable OLED Displays: The continuous development of smartphones and computers has contributed to the advancement of display technology, with foldable and flexible displays becoming increasingly popular. These displays are especially favored for applications like TV screens, desktop monitors, and smartphones. However, challenges such as manufacturing costs and demand patterns need to be overcome.
- 5G Compatibility: With the widespread adoption of 5G networks, there are opportunities for electronics manufacturers to produce 5G-compatible smartphones and computer components, further boosting the demand for flexible printed OLED displays.
- Price Competition and Margins: As vendors invest heavily in product innovation to meet the demand for improved picture quality and resolution, the price of technology significantly impacts the market share of flexible printed OLED displays. The competitive landscape is intense, with manufacturers from various regions striving to expand production capacity and reduce costs.
- Instability and Toxic Materials: The price of technology is influenced by factors like inflation and operational costs of manufacturing. Additionally, while OLED displays offer superior performance and picture quality, they are sensitive to potentially toxic materials.
Overview of Key Segments
- Dominance of AMOLED: Active Matrix OLED (AMOLED) displays held the largest market share in 2022. These displays are used in a wide range of devices, including tablets, smartwatches, gaming consoles, digital cameras, portable music players, and musical instruments. AMOLED panels provide better visual quality, wider viewing angles, and faster response times compared to previous display technologies while consuming less energy.
- Significant Demand from Smartphones and Tablets: The smartphones and tablets category led the market in 2022. Flexible printed OLED displays enhance the functionality and aesthetic appeal of mobile devices, enabling users to multitask effectively. These displays have the potential to replace the need for supplementary devices like tablets. Increasing investments by renowned electronics manufacturers in flexible printed OLED displays stimulate industry growth.
Growth Opportunities Across Regions
- Asia Pacific Leads the Way: Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the flexible printed OLED displays market due to market consolidation, advanced display technologies, and the presence of major display manufacturers. South Korea, Taiwan, Japan, and China are key regions contributing significantly to global electronics production.
- North America Emerges Attractive: North America is poised to experience substantial growth in the flexible printed OLED displays market. Factors such as the rising demand for wearable electronics in sports and fitness applications, increasing adoption of OLED technology across consumer industries, and technological advancements contribute to the growth in the region. The expansion of the medical application sector and superior performance compared to LCDs also boost market demand.
Flexible Printed OLED Displays Market: Competitive Landscape
Leading players in the flexible printed OLED displays market include OSRAM GmbH, LG Display Co., Ltd., AUO Corporation, Sony Group Corporation, BOE Technology Group Co., Ltd., Universal Display Corporation, Ritdisplay Corporation, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Corning, Inc., and Visionox Technology, Inc.
Browse Global Flexible Printed OLED Displays Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, Regional Outlook, and Forecast 2023-2030 – (By Type Coverage, By Application Coverage, By Geographic Coverage and Leading Companies): https://www.fairfieldmarketresearch.com/report/flexible-printed-oled-displays-market
Micro-LED Displays Market: https://www.fairfieldmarketresearch.com/report/micro-led-displays-market
Flexible Display Market: https://www.fairfieldmarketresearch.com/report/flexible-display-market
Fairfield Market Research
UK +44 (0)20 30025888
USA (Toll-free) +1 (844) 3829746
This press release first seen on Brilad